Thank you for your interest in spending time making a difference in the lives of youth in the York County! Depending on the specific Club location, we offer volunteer opportunities in areas of tutoring, mentoring, coaching, special events, program assistance and more.
Share your talents, kindness and knowledge by volunteering at the Club. If you are over the age of 18, fill out our volunteer application and we will check your interests against our Club needs and contact you regarding opportunities available. Under the age of 18? In order to volunteer, you must be accompanied by an adult who is at least 21 years old. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator to learn more about volunteering at the Club if you are under the age of 18.
Become a positive adult in a child’s life and expand his/her world by spending time in the community together. Mentor and Mentee are matched based on interests, hobbies and compatibility. The minimum requirement for mentoring is at least one hour, once per week.
One Time Volunteer
Only have enough time to give for one day? Or, do you have a specific school or work volunteer requirement to fulfill? No problem! Contact our Volunteer Coordinator with specific details regarding your availability and interests.
Special Event Volunteers
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the York County has several events throughout the year in which you can get involved with. Visit our events page to see which one you would like to assist with and contact Volunteer Coordinator with details on your interests and talents.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Submit a completed volunteer application and mandatory background check verification to our administrative office via email or you may mail it to 500 Gracern Rd, Columbia, SC 29210 .
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to schedule an orientation.
- Upon approval of your mandatory background check, which takes up to 5 days, you will receive your volunteer assignment and further instructions.
- Meet with your Club director if you are volunteering at a Club site to discuss your interests and preferences.
- Be the difference in the life of a Club kid and start your volunteer service!
Want to learn more about specific volunteer opportunities or have questions about volunteering? Contact our Director of Club Services via email or phone at (803) 231-3300.